UP, the TV network known for its uplifting programming, has been in a four-year partnership with American Black Film Festival. Since the two entities have joined forces, UP has produced and aired five feature-length films through the UP Faith & Family Screenplay Competition. The competition takes place every year at ABFF,Â promoting the development of faith-friendly, family entertainment screenplays, with a focus on the American Black cultural experience.
This year, UP is introducing a new initiative, “Flips the Script to Series: Remixing the Development Pipeline.” The “flipped script” is a competition to expand the network’s scripted and unscripted series. Some of the requirements to enter include content that appeals to a multi-cultural audience and stories with heart or humor that promote life lessons.
For Scripted Series:
- Pilot Synopsis and Series Synopsis (1â€2 paragraphs each)
- Series Outline (12 pages or less) or Pilot Script (55 pages or less)
- Optional: Produced Pilot Scene (maximum of 10 minutes); Sizzle (maximum of 4 minutes)
For Unscripted Series:
- Series Description and Actâ€byâ€Act Breakdown (1â€2 paragraphs each)
- Casting Overview (Lead and Key Supporting Cast Descriptions)
- Casting tape (between 2â€4 minutes in length) highlighting unique characters and storylines: Required for Docuâ€series; Optional for Format
Three submissions will be selected to receive an in-person meeting during ABFF with UP executives,Â Amy Winter, EVP & GM and/or Barbara Fisher; SVP Original Programming; and up to two marquee passes to attend the festival.
All submission materials must be received by 11:59 PM on May 27, 2015. Submission materials will not be returned. See here for the complete list of guidelines and submission form.
The Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit hosted by Nationwide is set for May 13—16, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Expect innovative sessions, high-powered speakers, and an early peek at the products, trends, and services you’ll need to stay ahead of the curve. To register and find out more, visitÂ dev.blackenterprise.com/es/. Join us at the Entrepreneurs Summit, Where Innovation and Capital Meet.