1. Havana Walking Tour: This is an excellent way to immediately immerse yourself in the unique history of the city and capture the true essence of the country’s capital.
2. Buena Vista Social Club: Some of the best live Jazz and Salsa performances I’ve heard in a long time. The mojitos aren’t bad either.
3. Museum of the Revolution: Housed in the former Presidential Palace, this is the perfect way to spend a few hours if you’re interested learning more about Cuba’s history.
4. Day-Trip to Varadero: For a scenic drive with views of the countryside culminating in a relaxing day at the beach, head to Varadero. It might also be worth it to stop in Matanzas along the way.
5. La Moneda Cubana Restaurant: Here you can enjoy great food in the company of locals. If the weather allows, opt for a table on the rooftop.