Whether you’re planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day solo or as a couple, your smartphone may hold the holy grail of ideas, activities and Â places to go. And with a simple swipe, you might even snag yourself a date for the day. Here are few apps you should consider:
- Crowded Room —(iPhone, iPad, or Android)If you’re a little spontaneous and looking for someone new, theÂ Crowded Room, a location-based check-in app,Â may be your connection to people who have similar interests in restaurants, venues, and more. Simply check in where you are (or enter your plans for later), and the Crowded Room will pinpoint people in the proximity with similar interest so that you can meet up with them. You can even sync your check-ins with Foursquare and Facebook.
- Open Table –(iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, or Windows) If you need dinner reservations at the last minute, Open table helps eliminate frustrations with trying to nail down a restaurant at the eleventh hour. You can also search from more than 32,000 restaurants worldwide.
- HowAboutWe for Couples — (iPhone and Android) Adds a new twist to the online dating world by encouraging you to spend less time online and more time meeting people in person. Here’s how it works, with a focus on the date itself you can post a date idea, connect with someone you like and get together.
- Red Stamp — (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) Instead of traditional greeting cards you can send a personalized Valentine’s Day card via e-mail or text. Â An option is also available to send greeting cards the good old-fashioned way–snail mail.
- Coffee Meets Bagel –Â (iPhone and Android) Are you frustrated with online dating? Coffee meets bagel, offers different approach. According to Tech Crunch, instead of offering up a buffet of potential matches, CMB simply offers one person each day. You can either “like” or “ignore”, but if both parties like each other, they’re routed to a private phone line (powered by Twilio) where they can SMS for a seven-day period. If they choose to go on a date, CMB offers a discount at a local restaurant or cafe. Â Coffee Meets Bagel has implemented its own IM system within the app, meaning that users can get their chat on immediately without flipping back and forth between apps.
- 1-800 Flowers — (iPhone and Android)When all else fails, send flowers. Â 1-800 Flowers has been around for over 25 years, so it should be no surprise that they’ve ventured into the app world. The mobile service features the same deals found on the website and offers last minute and same-day flower delivery in over 95 countries.