Warning: getimagesize(http://dev.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/03/young-entrepreneurs-scion-motivate.jpeg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/blackenterprise/public_html/wp-content/themes/blackenterprise/single-standard.php on line 35
Scion today announced today the 10 talented young entrepreneurs who each won a Scion vehicle, accessories,Â $10,000Â and career mentoring as part of it’s “Motivate” program.
Launched in October, the Motivate program drewÂ applicantsÂ who specialized in art, fashion, music and film, from all over the country. A panel selected 50 semi-finalists to participate in a three-day workshop last week inÂ Santa Monica, Calif., with entrepreneurs who mentored the applicants on topics such as growing sales, establishing a physical space and online development.
“The Motivate winners live and breathe the passion Scion hoped to find and elevate through this first-ever program for young entrepreneurs,” said Scion Vice PresidentÂ Doug Murtha. “These individuals’ continued success is what we wish for all of our customers, who continue to show us they relate to forging their own paths and creative expressions.”
The 10 winners are:
- Jahmal C. ofÂ Chicago, an author and publisher
- Jeff P. ofÂ Denver, a backpack manufacturer
- Kate B. ofÂ Portland, Ore., a co-owner of a touring theater company
- Lily S. ofÂ Dallas, an owner of a graphic design and letterpress company
- Peter K. ofÂ Villa Park, Ill., a digital music magazine publisher
- Philip G. ofÂ Nashville, Tenn., a nonprofit music program leader
- Reed G. ofÂ Annapolis, Md., an artist and import retail store owner
- Roseli I. ofÂ Oakland, Calif., an import accessories business owner
- Tobi A. ofÂ San Francisco, a custom wood product designer
- William T. ofÂ Chicago, a documentary filmmaker
All winners will be individually paired with a relevant business mentor for future career-building and had their choice of any Scion vehicle. The remaining semi-finalists each received aÂ $1,000Â grant and left the workshop with helpful industry knowledge that they can apply to their business moving forward.
“Even if I hadn’t won this amazing prize, I still just felt like it was so beneficial for me as a business owner to be involved in this amazing workshop,” saidÂ Reed G. an artist and import retail store owner.