Last week Chris Christie left the country speechless with his endorsement of Donald Trump, only two months after he dismissed the businessman’s campaign as “showmanship.”
Backlash was swift. Christie’s former finance co-chair, Meg Whitman, called out Christie for an “astonishing display of political opportunism.” Six New Jersey newspapers called on Christie to step down. To make matters worse, his approval rating has dropping to a dismal 27%.
Unfortunately, the Internet has no mercy. Or chill. This week Twitter gave birth to one of the most viral hashtags of this election season: #FreeChrisChristie.
Check out our roundup of the funniest tweets below.
– Joey deVilla (@AccordionGuy) March 3, 2016
– Christopher Ayers (@wfyichris) March 2, 2016
– Murph’s Law (@MurphofSteel) March 2, 2016
– Holly Fussell (@redhairbluevote) March 2, 2016
Chris Christie has had this expression on his face for 5 consecutive minutes. pic.twitter.com/0KhVWhG9hy
– Alexander Panetta (@Alex_Panetta) March 2, 2016
– Brian Phillips (@brianphillips) March 2, 2016
I was wondering.
If after all these press conferences.
I could be alone to weep. pic.twitter.com/xqfKA35j2X
– SecuriTay (@SwiftOnSecurity) March 2, 2016
– Washington Post (@washingtonpost) March 2, 2016
Meanwhile Chris christie sending morse code blinks to seal team 6.
– Rebecca Schoenkopf (@commiegirl1) March 2, 2016
This is a ransom video. I have no idea what Christie was thinking. https://t.co/6das0leXl7
– Teraesa (@OmItOut) March 2, 2016
– Mashable (@mashable) March 2, 2016