It’s almost that time, ladies! On Feb. 13Â you’ll celebrate your BFFs with the popular and maybe even best (according to Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation) day of the year–Galentine’s Day, the should-be nationally recognized holiday for ladies celebrating ladies.
You may be struggling with how to treat your girls on G-Day. Fret not, BlackEnterprise.com has you covered. Check out these five ways to show your girlfriends just how much you care on this day of love and appreciation.
1. It’s cold. You and your girls always tend to see each other a little less this time of year because… it’s just too cold out. You all need to reconnect in warmth, sunshine, and beaches in the very near future. Know who has an awesome beach? Hollywood, Florida. Know when’s a great time to visit Hollywood? March 9-12. Know where you should spend your time? The Hilton Diplomat Resort & Spa? We really have done all the work for you. You just need to think sunny thoughts.
2. There is nothing like a coming together of women on the same mission to enlighten, advance, and empower. Your girls have been saying for a while now that they’re looking for like-minded women to network and grow with. You’ve found these women. How would it look if you didn’t share the fact that hundreds of influential businesswomen will gather together March 9-12 in Hollywood, Florida, at the Hilton Diplomat Resort & Spa for the Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit? Wouldn’t look too good, would it? Just share.
3. Your girls are saying they lack that “oomph” and fire they once had at work and they want that old thing back. Well, what they really what is something new. They want whatever is next on their career path. They are gunning for the C-suite and as a bestie you’re riding shotgun. You may not have all the answers, but you know someone who does and where to find them. You’re going to get your girls schooled by none-other than C-suite expert, former CEO and chairman of BET Networks, Debra Lee, for a one-on-one conversation on making power moves. Just the “oomph” they need.
4. They need to laugh. You’ve always been exceptional at anticipating their needs and right now you foresee them needing a good laugh on Friday, March 11. You all are in tune like that. You will get them exactly what they need by way of the “Gangster of Comedy,” Capone. They’ll laugh at how well you know them.
5. You know what they love and they love to be serenaded. You will gift them with this love of theirs by way of Johnny Gill. They will love you for it.
Since you’re doing all of this for your girls, here’s what we’ll do for you. If you REGISTER NOW through Feb. 14 for the 2016 Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit using code “VDAY.” BlackEnterprise.com will offer you a limited-time-only special discounted rate for you and your crew. You ladies are so welcome.
For information on the Women of Power Summit, including sessions, speakers, and entertainers, click here. Be sure to check back at BlackEnterprise.com as updates are announced.
Follow Black Enterprise on social media @BlackEnterprise for Women of Power news, highlights, and updates. Use hashtag #BEWPS to stay in the loop. Please be on the lookout at BlackEnterprise.com as speakers, activities, and sessions are announced.