If you know of an exceptional small business making an impact on an industry by bringing new products to the forefront, redefining sales strategies, and discovering new and profitable markets, weâ€™d like to know about them.
Keep in mind that each small business (with the exception of the Entrepreneurs Award) must be
- independently owned
- at least 2 years old
- at least 51% black-owned
- generate annual revenues of at least $250,000 but not more than $20 million
- have a minimum of three employees
- show a pattern of increasing revenues for the two years preceding application, or have raised a round of capital from venture capitalists or other private equity investors for tech startups
If you know a business that fits these criteria, weâ€™d like to know about them.
Peep the category nomination requirements:
- Techpreneur of the YearÂ – This award is given to a fast-growing company that is delivering groundbreaking technology products or is disrupting the digital industry in some manner.
- Family Business of the YearÂ – This award is presented to a family-operated business that exemplifies the combined experience and expertise needed to excel in a key industry.
- Franchise Owner of the YearÂ – This award is presented to a franchisee for outstanding performance and overall contribution in enhancing the growth and development of the franchising industry.
- Teenpreneur of the YearÂ – This award recognizes entrepreneurs, age 19 or under, committed to the tradition of black business achievement.
If you happen to be the lucky winner of the highly-coveted Small Business Award, you will be inducted into the Small Business Awards Hall of Fame and youâ€™ll be granted VIP Access to the 2016 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit, May 4-7, 2016 at the Loews Hotel Miami, Miami, FL.
*All entries must be received by Tuesday, March 22, 2016! Â
Be sure to follow Black Enterprise on social media @BlackEnterprise for Entrepreneur Summit news, highlights, and updates. Use hashtag #BESummit to stay in the loop. Please be on the lookout at BlackEnterprise.com as speakers, activities, and sessions are announced.