Warning: getimagesize(http://dev.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2012/04/MergersTeamwork-300x232.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/blackenterprise/public_html/wp-content/themes/blackenterprise/single-standard.php on line 35
It is always nice to know when you’re doing a job well. In today’s competitive market, where workers are often underpaid or underemployed and budgets aren’t what they used to be, it still takes more than just a paycheck or a promotion to know that you are valued by your employer.
So today, March 1, deemed Employee Appreciation Day, is the perfect starting point to add creative incentives to the agenda throughout the year. You don’t even have to break the bank to show someone their work and time are valued. Here are some low-cost and creative ways suggested by Forbes writer Kevin Kruse.
1. A sincere word of thanks costs nothing and is very effective.
2. Post a thank you note on their door in their honor.
3. Throw a pizza party or cake party in their honor.
4. Create a simple “ABCD” card that are given when someone goes “Above the Call of Duty”.
5. Write about them in a company-wide email.
6. Give a long-lunch, extra break, or comp time.
7. Honor them at the start of the next staff meeting (recognize someone at the start of every staff meeting).
8. Post a “thank you” sign in the lobby with their name on it.
9. Gift them flowers, a book, or other small gift.
10. Invite them to a one-on-one lunch.
Read the full list at Forbes …