BLACK ENTERPRISE is looking for an experienced Editor/Digital Content Producer to fill the position of Associate Editor/Silicon Valley. This person will cover African-American entrepreneurs and professionals, and the trends and issues impacting them, in Silicon Valley and the Oakland/San Francisco Bay areas of California. This person will also serve as our main contact, point person and representative of the Black Enterprise brand across all platforms in the region.
- Represent Black Enterprise by building, maintaining and engaging a strong network of stakeholders in Silicon Valley’s African American business and professional communities. This includes attending key events, networking with executives, directors of business/professional groups, and representing Black Enterprise as a panelist/spokesperson.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the Silicon Valley community and Black Enterprise’s operations in New York and Chicago.
- Maintain active relationships with corporate communications/media relations leaders at tech companies in Silicon Valley and the Oakland/San Francisco regions.
- Produce and post daily content, at the direction of the Digital Managing Editor, to BlackEnterprise.com. Work closely with the technology editor, in particular, to coordinate coverage of the tech communities of Silicon Valley, Oakland, and San Francisco.
- Work with the Executive Managing Editor to develop, write and edit feature stories and packages related to areas of coverage responsibility for Black Enterprise magazine.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing content calendar.
- Work with Black Enterprise content team and contributors to broaden and deepen coverage and representation of Silicon Valley stakeholders across all media platforms.
- Work closely with Black Enterprise Digital team on coordination, content creation and promotion of the annual Black Enterprise TechConneXt Summit and other national and custom events.
- Work flexibly in a matrix business structure requiring communication and interaction with multimedia platforms (print, broadcast, events, social), audience development/marketing, creative services, operations, online and product development, marketing and ad sales.
- Performs other related duties and assignments, as required.
- At least 3 years of online editorial/content production experience, with a proven ability to generate original ideas and develop successful online content
- Excellent web headline and copywriting skills and a deep knowledge of editorial SEO best practices
- Sound knowledge of content creation, application development, content management systems and user interaction in an online environment
- Strong familiarity with web publishing and social media tools and technologies
- Must be familiar with what makes content on the web sticky, viral, and able to drive important business metrics
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of WordPress.
- Ability to work remotely as part of in a team environment with flexible work schedule.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to set priorities and deadlines
- Bachelors degree required
Please send rÃ©sumÃ© & cover letter,Â along with salary requirements, to:
Natalie M. Hibbert, VP of Human Resources