Warning: getimagesize(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/blackenterprise/public_html/wp-content/themes/blackenterprise/single-standard.php on line 35
ABFF VENTURES LLC.
Position: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Sr. Manager or Director, Sponsorship Sales & Multi Media Sales
Compensation:Â $60,000-$75,000 annual salary (plus 7 % commission from new business)
Job Status:Â Â Â Â Fulltime
Start Date: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â October 1, 2016
Reporting to: Â President & CEO /Sr. Director of Sponsorship & Business Development
Location:Â Â Â Â Â New York City. Travel required
Responsible for driving revenue to the Company by securing sponsorship, advertising and other financial partnerships in support of the company’s tentpole live events, television, talent mining programs and digital platforms including: The American Black Film Festival, ABFF Awards: A Celebration of Hollywood, ABFF Independent, ABFF TalentWorks, and ABFF Encore
- Provides services and general support to external sponsors before, during and after events, conferences or activities.
- Proactively develop, execute and secure multi-platform partner opportunities for the Company’s tent pole properties, and new and innovative programs.
- Maintain an active target list and make outreach to potential clients across all business industries
- Assist in the execution of sponsorship activation for major tent pole events
- Development and presentation of sponsorship sales proposals to new or repeat sponsors as may be required.
- Reconfirms sponsor participation in upcoming events, and provides sales support including onsite visits with sponsors.
- Maintains records, documentation, files and primary contacts of all sponsors, both active and inactive, and maintains contact either directly or through mailings on a routine basis.
- Create compelling, insight-driven sponsorship packages that showcase the companies and incorporates research and drives incremental revenue.
- Manage the creation of sponsorship materials and maintains the sponsorship portal, helping to find solutions for sponsor conflicts when necessary
- Meet with Programming and activations teams to identify priorities and opportunities for events and programs
- Work with the Senior Director of Sponsorship to create assessments of sponsorship performance, including sell-through, performance metrics and key client categories in order to inform development of future materials. Manage sponsorship portal
- Work in a collaborative capacity with Programming, Activation and Marketing teams to ensure the company’s live events and productions are successfully executed in a timely fashion.
- Research, discover and share new trends in media and marketing to develop new and innovative opportunities for the company
- Timely submission of weekly status reports
- Bachelor’s degree. Business degree a plus
- 6 years’ experience in sales and/or account service in a marketing, media company or advertising agency
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills. Strong background in developing pitch presentations and sponsorship decks
- Proactive and strategic thinker
- Excellent PowerPoint, Photoshop and Excel skills
- Skilled diplomat who works effectively across multiple departments and external parties
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-performance group with multiple projects at one time
- Proficiency in technology and social media
- Travel required.
- A passion for Black culture and entertainment
ABOUT ABFF VENTURES
ABFF Ventures, LLC. is a multifaceted entertainment company specializing in the production of live events, television and digital content targeted to upscale African-American audiences. The company is a joint venture between Film Life Inc. and BLACK ENTERPRISE, two prominent black-owned media and event companies, each with legacies of showcasing the best of African American culture and achievement. Headquartered in New York City, the company was formed in 2014 to expand the global footprint of the American Black Film Festival (ABFF), now it its 20th year, and leverage the brand’s unparalleled goodwill in the Hollywood community to stimulate business growth through expansion into other events, entertainment content and curatorial services. ABFF Founder Jeff Friday is the company’s chairman and CEO.
Please send rÃ©sumÃ© & cover letter,Â along with salary requirements, to:
Natalie M. Hibbert, VP of Human Resources