Warning: getimagesize(http://dev.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2015/06/CHRIS-CLASSIC-3.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/blackenterprise/public_html/wp-content/themes/blackenterprise/single-standard.php on line 35
In an effort to turn the conversation about young black men into something positive instead of something tragic, BlackEnterprise.com is highlighting the accomplishments of black men throughout the country with BE Modern Man.
Each week for the next seven weeks, we will be celebrating the essence, image and works of young black men who have found a purpose, are on a mission or leaving a positive legacy as only they can. The goal of this curated collective is to globally shift the standard narrative regarding men of color and project the positive perception that is a common reality to those within the Black Enterprise community and throughout the world. Because as the 100 men featured in our complete series know, and as young black men everywhere know – It’s our normal to be extraordinary.
This week’s Modern Man ambassador is “The Songwriter” Chris Classic. Find out how he got his start writing, producing and performing Hollywood movie soundtracks.
You’ll also enjoy reading about …
- MC, actor, entrepreneur and activist – “The Intellectual” David Banner
- Teen entrepreneur Kasai Guthrie, who turned a personal loss into the greatest gain
- “The CMO” Everette Taylor, whose drive and perseverance made him a success
- “Mr. Quiet Storm” Lenny Green, who didn’t initially want to be a radio personality
- Youth and sports ministry director and actor T.C. Stallings, the former pro football player who ultimately let his faith lead his life
Be sure to check out new profiles every week and share your comments and opinions below. And keep abreast of updates and special Web exclusive events via social media by following @BlackEnterprise and hashtag #BEModernMan.